Musicians Tax Advice & Accounting Services

  • Home >>

The best tax help for Musicians, Singers, & Orchestral members

Performance Accountancy is here to offer tax and accounting advice for Musicians, Singers,  Orchestral & Band Members.

We can assist you with self assessment returns, bookkeeping, accountancy administration and generally keeping your accounting in great order.

If you are a musician, orchestra member, or singer please contact us to see how we can help with your tax and accounting affairs.

The Musicians taxation and accountancy advice provided by Performance Accountancy comes from business founder Louise Herrington. Louise is a chartered Accountant with 20 years accountancy expertise and a trained opera singer and music lover. Louise’s great passion is providing help with fellow performers.

As a performer Louise knows first hand that the business side of being a musician is often time consuming and often prohibits musicians from making music, attending concerts, or planning your next musical performance. Musicians tax is an area of specialism that sets us apart from other accountants.

With a passion for numbers, music and performing, Louise become inspired to work with musicians, singers, orchestra members to ensure you spend less time managing your tax and and financial affairs, and spend more time being creative.

Who would find this service beneficial?

  • If you are a musician, singer, orchestra member that is based in the UK, we can help you.
  • If you need to know what income tax deductions apply to musicians, singers, orchestra members we can help you.
  • If you are a musician that requires help completing your tax return, we can help you.
  • If you require help with keeping your bookkeeping in order, we can help you.
  • If you are a singer, musician or orchestra member that has an accounting related question or query, we can help you.


Tax Guidance for Musicians and Singers

To help you understand what expenses you may claim as an actor, performing artist or entertainer, we have created a free white paper that you can download and read at your leisure.

As a simple rule, you can allocate whatever costs you feel are incurred wholly and exclusively for your business as an actor.

However, not all of these costs may be allowable for tax; a typical example is taking your agent out for a meal to discuss a contract…

…It is a cost you have of running yourself as a business, but it is specially excluded as an allowable cost for taxation as it is classed as entertainment. There is a specific page for actors in the Business Income Manual from HMRC which supports why we disallow certain costs >>>>>   <<<   So check this out later.

For more information in expenses, please go to >>>      and there is an opportunity to download that very useful chapter of my book written just for you.

If you have a specific accounting, bookkeeping or self assessment question, we would be happy to contact you, please just tell us a little bit more about you and your current situation.

For a  no-obligation 30 minute chat to discuss tax or accounting concerns then please contact us.  If you prefer to phone, then call us on 01344 669084*


Are you a member of the ISM?

If yes, see your latest newsletter or look at the ISM member offers page, as Performance Accountancy has a special offer for your. Or of course, check out our page here: >>



*Please note that calls to this number may be recorded for use in training purposes and as memory joggers.